Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Abt Electronics

My Fun Food Blog: The Empty Plate Adventures

AviGlatt Foods

About Me

Greater Chicago, Illinois, United States
A man of many interests.

Environmental Suckas- Bob Parks

Sirius Radio

banner

My Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Everything not in public domain is under copyright by me (including pictures and recipes not attributed to someone else). No content is to be used elsewhere except where my consent is given or this Internet site is properly cited. Thank you.

Sears

Chef's Catalog

Friday, September 25, 2009

Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives (Triple D): The Meat of the Matter

Again, the Triple D does it again. This time, it's all about one of my favorite subjects- meat. The stories about how each got into the cooking business and the journey they took along the way. Guten Essen, freunden!!!

1. "Smoque, Chicago, Illinois." I met people who have actually ate at this North Side enterprise. How a hobby became his living. I hope to eat here sometime soon.


2. "Leonard's, Memphis, TN." "The Big Leonard" sandwich is something I would like to try. The sandwich is totally DRY- No seasoning OR sauce on this. I like Guy's reaction on this. Topped with slaw (more on the lines of the Carolina-style).


3. "Green Mesquite, Austin, TX."Some call it Chicken Fried Steak but I have also heard it called Coutry Fried Steak. Anyone know the difference? How it's made. Country Fried is more of a Southern style dish that is simmered in gravy. Chicken Fried is just what implies- fried similarly to fried chicken with the gravy being more pepperly.


4. "Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger, Ann Arbor, MI". This is TOO funny to watch. I've never been here but this was pretty funny to watch.


5. "Tom's, Memphis, TN." I had not intention to featuring Memphis food, but that's how things went. I have cooked rib tips before. It's funny because some places want to charge more for the tips that the ribs themselves (almost like selling chicken wings for $2.49/pound but sell the entire chicken for $.99-$1.50/pound). How funny is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment