Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Abt Electronics

My Fun Food Blog: The Empty Plate Adventures

AviGlatt Foods

About Me

Greater Chicago, Illinois, United States
A man of many interests.

Environmental Suckas- Bob Parks

Sirius Radio

banner

My Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Everything not in public domain is under copyright by me (including pictures and recipes not attributed to someone else). No content is to be used elsewhere except where my consent is given or this Internet site is properly cited. Thank you.

Sears

Chef's Catalog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: Episodes I Like because I've made these dishes

When the Food Network first came to life, the "Essence of Emeril" was the king. Not long ago, Guy Fieri became the second winner of "The Next Food Network Star" a few years back. Frankly, I liked this guy from the second he came on the TV. Now, "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" has grown to almost a cut-like following. It could be the most cult-like following on the level of "Iron Chef" or at least close to it. I am a big fan of this show. So this time, I decided to post 5 videos here from past episodes. The subject is stuff that I have actually made (and some of the people featured make things very similar to me). So I thought "why not" since this is such a popular show (at least to Food channel fans). If you are a vegan or vegitarian, read at your own risk.

1. The Mac Salad from "The Shed", Ocean Springs, MS." TRUST ME....it works. I use miracle whip in mine and they do add some different things.


2. Blue Plate Diner, Seattle, WA. I eat Bison (when I get the chance). Since bison is so lean, I add beef or pork to it. This is not a bison burger but still very nice. is NICE (one part beef/ one part pork). Now imagine flavoring your sauce, like this guy did with basil. You want a different Mac & Cheese, stick around until 4:10 in the video. He proves here that Mac & cheese has no rules to it (which I have always felt all along). I had mac w/ goat cheese in Hawaii years ago.


3. Mike's Chili Parlor, Seattle, WA. I don't think Seattle is the first thing you think about when the word chili comes to mind. I tried this once and it worked well. Chili is great because you can put it on whatevery you feel like. There is a note I would like to add here. Triple D also featured another Seattle establishment known as Slim's Last Stand. I liked their version but I can't find a video (they add achiote paste).


4.Dell Rhea's, Willowbrook, IL. There is a different method to cook fried chicken and is a bit time consuming. Not the typical "hard fried chicken" that you may be used to. This place is not far from where I live. While your at it, you may want to check out "White Fence Farm" as well. Five minutes in, more mac & cheese (I've done the version see here as well).


5. Parasol's, New Orleans, LA. I did a po'boy but not one like this. I hope to try this pretty soon. Watch Guy as he questions about boiling (catch the "beef jerky" quote). Guy did everything but called the guy out when he said that he better deliver. Watch how Guy Fieri reacted when he took the first bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment