Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Abt Electronics

My Fun Food Blog: The Empty Plate Adventures

AviGlatt Foods

About Me

Greater Chicago, Illinois, United States
A man of many interests.

Environmental Suckas- Bob Parks

Sirius Radio

banner

My Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Everything not in public domain is under copyright by me (including pictures and recipes not attributed to someone else). No content is to be used elsewhere except where my consent is given or this Internet site is properly cited. Thank you.

Sears

Chef's Catalog

Monday, November 2, 2009

1990........Pages..... in 72 hours??????

Now, I am a bit concerned here. Think about this. If someone walked up to you and said you have 72 hours to finish a 500 page book, what would you think? You'd think this person crazy to accomplish this. Or maybe they would read it, accept it and miss some VERY important details in the book. A teacher would not expect a student to do this. A Manager would not expect his staff to do this. A decent parent would not expect a child to do this. I doubt a Carpenter, Welder or Electrician would be expected to complete their apprenticeships in 72 hours because the process takes 4-5 years.

You get the theme here, I would imagine. SO WHY then would a member of congress be expected to read a bill THAT large and expect to have ANY level of comprehending the bill in a 72 hour period??? That is IMPOSSIBLE to do. I have never seen anything on this level before. What are those who created this bill (and the various incarnations of it) trying to hide. Those in power tell banks to make their lending and terms easy to understand. That's fair enough to ask. You tell car dealers to be more open in the sales process of a car. Fine. I'm with you. I hate to see anyone get cheated. So why is it that when those who ask for clarity, why are the the last to do it?? If they are making things "more clear", I must have missed it somewhere.

These videos pretty much tell the story better than I can alone. You decide for yourselves. Pick one, any or all:

Rep. Tom Price (an orthopedic surgeon by trade) should understand this better. THIS is what 1990 pages looks like:


Rep. Michele Bachmann:


Rep. Dan Burton:


Sen. Joe Lieberman:

No comments:

Post a Comment