Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Abt Electronics

My Fun Food Blog: The Empty Plate Adventures

AviGlatt Foods

About Me

Greater Chicago, Illinois, United States
A man of many interests.

Environmental Suckas- Bob Parks

Sirius Radio

banner

My Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Everything not in public domain is under copyright by me (including pictures and recipes not attributed to someone else). No content is to be used elsewhere except where my consent is given or this Internet site is properly cited. Thank you.

Sears

Chef's Catalog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Schoolhouse Rock: The Political Version

I''ve been trying to put together some stuff on what I've observed. That's still a work in progress and hope to get this right. I decided I'll put this fresh post on hold and decided to go another direction. Some of us can remember Schoolhouse Rock, a cartoon that actually was intended to be educational (while making sure the kids didn't realize it was trying to do so). Over the last 20 years or so, I have noticed that cartoons have become nothing short of an idiotfest. Hey, I'll give Emperor's New Groove and Lilo and Stich. Heck, I'll even admit to gettinf up to watch "The Terrible Thunderlizards" a while back (loved "Doc", Cutter & Squat were also good). Where's George of the Jungle & Hong Kong Phoeey when we need them? I mean some of these cartoons are just plain:
- stupid (think Ren & Stimpy)
- annoying or at least cartoons where kids probably shouldn't be watching (think South Park).
- so-so remakes (think Batman & Spiderman; Batman is actually pretty good but I think Spiderman is a bit weird without the 1960's music playing).
- just plain WEIRD (think Spunge Bob).

I decided to post some videos than may bring back some good memories. As I put these together, I know they brought back some for me. My only question is why did cartoons like these are no longer being made? As someone who can't draw very well, I might be the wrong candidate. So I decided to post a few of these classics, all of which focus on political history (in one way shape or form). I hope you enjoy them.





I think this video is VERY appropriate for this day. Did anyone think that when this was done, our country would be in the mess it's in now:




This might have been one I liked the most (has a Harry Chapin flavor)




What happened when our Founders fought back? What did we get? No more King!!




No comments:

Post a Comment