Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Abt Electronics

My Fun Food Blog: The Empty Plate Adventures

AviGlatt Foods

About Me

Greater Chicago, Illinois, United States
A man of many interests.

Environmental Suckas- Bob Parks

Sirius Radio

banner

My Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected Everything not in public domain is under copyright by me (including pictures and recipes not attributed to someone else). No content is to be used elsewhere except where my consent is given or this Internet site is properly cited. Thank you.

Sears

Chef's Catalog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Something(s) comes to mind

Right now, I am not overly inspired so I just wanted to put this out for consumption. We heard "the last 8 years" and "the previous administration" alot in the news. Now I have a questions. How long will they (and those who think this way) keep saying this? George W Bush has been out of office for over one year now. The Democrats took over the house & senate in 2006, making the previously-mentioned George W Bush a lame duck. So now, what? How long will these phrases be the rule? As I touched upon (and tweeted last week), this administration is one year into the process. Now, you know you've been duped if they keep using this phrase in 2011 (I BET there will still be people who use one or both phrases).

Now what about all this "work together" talk? Seriously. They wanted to create health care reform so what did they do? The created a 600 page document. That wasn't big enough. So the small party who created this bill, grew it to 2700-plus pages? The coin has 2 sides to it. First, you say the Republicans don't want to work together to pass health care reform. I tried to read the 600-plus page version and I would have distanced myself from this too. The other side to this is why creating a bill so huge? The answer is simple. Imagine you're buying a product of some sort. Then if it requires a contract of any sort, you must read all the terms. Imagine reading a five page contract for buying product "X" and then read it 540 times more. This gives you a small visual of what that 2700 pages looks like. The difference is if you read the 5 page document 540 times, chances are you'll find something hidden (e.g., contract-ese). You mean to tell me that you create a 2700 page bill and then tell me you're NOT trying to hide something??? I bet you want to sell me some nice vacation property in Sahara desert, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment